Tangy Baked Beans Recipe
“Different, delicious and sized exactly right for two people,” is how Dean Copeland in Ochlocknee, Georgia describes this easy, breezy, home-style side dish.
- 2 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8.3 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coffee, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. Stir in beans and onion.
- Drain bacon on paper towels. Divide the bean mixture between two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Top with bacon. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Baked Beans in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p33
Reviews for Tangy Baked Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bean Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >