Tangy Baked Apples Recipe
When the weather turns cooler in fall, these baked apples from my mom are sure to warm you up. Our family enjoys them with turkey, pork…even meat loaf. My husband and I like to add a bit more horseradish for extra zip. —Dee Poppie, Gilman, Illinois
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup water
- 1. Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Brush with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, butter, horseradish and remaining lemon juice. Top each apple half with 2 tablespoons ketchup mixture. Pour water around apples.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 137 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Tangy Baked Apples
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC