Tangy Baked Apples Recipe
- 3 medium tart apples
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut apples in half lengthwise; remove cores. Brush with 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Place in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Combine the brown sugar, ketchup, butter, horseradish and remaining lemon juice. Top each apple half with 2 tablespoons ketchup mixture. Pour water around apples.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Baked Apples in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p135
Reviews for Tangy Baked Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review