Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing
This salad is always a hit. I serve it over assorted salad greens or sometimes fresh spinach, adding different kinds of berries, radishes or tomatoes for color. This thick and flavorful dressing is slightly sweet with a light tang.—Barbara Birk, St. George, Utah
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, ketchup and
- Worcestershire sauce. Gradually whisk in the oil in a steady stream.
- Stir in bacon and onion. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 122 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.