Tangy Apricot Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 344 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 711mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
"This was a very quick and easy main dish with good flavor. I used a whole grain Dijon mustard, which gave more flavor. I will also use a apricot preserve with more coarsely chopped fruit the next time I prepare this dish."
"Easy to make with ingredients likely to be on hand. The recipe doubled well and my husband actually gave it 4 1/2 stars."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.