Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
For a stovetop supper that's guaranteed to please, try this pork chop specialty. Apricot preserves jazz it up without much effort.Phyllis Flint, San Antonio, Texas
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops
- in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the
- preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with
- remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or
- until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 344 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 711 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.