For a stovetop supper that's guaranteed to please, try this pork chop specialty. Apricot preserves jazz it up without much effort.—Phyllis Flint, San Antonio, Texas
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Apricot Pork Chops in Reminisce November/December 2005, p 49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review