For a stovetop supper that's guaranteed to please, try this pork chop specialty. Apricot preserves jazz it up without much effort.—Phyllis Flint, San Antonio, Texas
Recommended: 30 June Recipes You’ll Love
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a skillet, brown chops in oil for 3 minutes on each side. In a small bowl, combine the preserves, vinegar and mustard. Spoon half of the mixture over pork. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes. Turn chops; top with remaining preserves mixture. Cover and simmer 4-5 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Apricot Pork Chops in Reminisce November/December 2005, p 49
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tangy Apricot Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2009
"easy to make with ingredients likely to be on hand. The recipe doubled well and my husband actually gave it 4 1/2 stars."