Tangy and Sweet Meatballs Recipe
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until cookie crumbs are dissolved. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tangy and Sweet Meatballs(5)
Sort By :
I love meatballs & am always trying new recipes for them, so it says a lot that this recipe is my all-time favorite! I've made it many times now & it goes great with mashed potatoes. I don't like the mess & time it takes to brown meatballs in the skillet, so I place them on a cookie sheet & bake them at 350 for 20 minutes. Then I drain them on paper towels, place them in a baking dish with the sauce & then only bake them an add'l 20 minutes. They turn out perfect every time! Makes about 35 meatballs, depending on their size.
We love these meatballs. They are easy to make and are delicious with mashed potatoes.
I make these several times a year. My family loves them. I always make extra sauce for the mashed potatoes.
My Dad always made these for every potluck we went to and they were always the first things to go!
I make these every time i go to a party because that's what everyone wants me to bring and they never last long. I use a lrg bag of frozen meatballs and 1 1/2 times the sauce and let them simmer in a crock pot for a few hrs. They are always a huge hit!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Condiments >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- Meatball Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >