Tangy and Sweet Meatballs Recipe
- 3 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 10 gingersnaps, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, onion, bread crumbs and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches in oil. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring until cookie crumbs are dissolved. Pour over meatballs.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tangy and Sweet Meatballs
Sort By :
"i love them sooo much! is there any way i can adjust the serving? i want to make some for me but 8 servings is wayyy too much. Can someone please help? these are the only meatballs i will eat."
"These meatballs are freaking AMAZING!!!! They are alwayssss a hit! I make them every chance I get on a holiday and everybody loves them!!!!!"
"Delicious every time, even the kids eat it"
"I make this every New Year's eve, it has become a tradition. Everyone loves them, also great over white rice."
"I love meatballs & am always trying new recipes for them, so it says a lot that this recipe is my all-time favorite! I've made it many times now & it goes great with mashed potatoes. I don't like the mess & time it takes to brown meatballs in the skillet, so I place them on a cookie sheet & bake them at 350 for 20 minutes. Then I drain them on paper towels, place them in a baking dish with the sauce & then only bake them an add'l 20 minutes. They turn out perfect every time! Makes about 35 meatballs, depending on their size."