Tangy Almond Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 305 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Tangy Almond Chicken
"Will choose different flavor jelly next time."
"This is delicious. I served it over rice with corn on the cob."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.