Tangy Almond Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 305 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Tangy Almond Chicken
"Will choose different flavor jelly next time."
"This is delicious. I served it over rice with corn on the cob."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.