Tangy Almond Chicken
With its appealing presentation, this scrumptious chicken dish will wow them at your next gathering. "This is a very attractive entree to serve, and the sauce is delectable!" says Michelle Krzmarzick of Torrance, California.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each
- side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the
- skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth,
- about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce
- heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run
- clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 305 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.