Tangy Almond Chicken Recipe
With its appealing presentation, this scrumptious chicken dish will wow them at your next gathering. "This is a very attractive entree to serve, and the sauce is delectable!" says Michelle Krzmarzick of Torrance, California.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Almond Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tangy Almond Chicken(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >