- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Tangy Almond Chicken
Sort By :
Will choose different flavor jelly next time.
This is delicious. I served it over rice with corn on the cob.