With its appealing presentation, this scrumptious chicken dish will wow them at your next gathering. "This is a very attractive entree to serve, and the sauce is delectable!" says Michelle Krzmarzick of Torrance, California.
Recommended: 66 Recipes to Make This Spring
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (12 ounces) currant jelly
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in butter for 4 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Add the remaining ingredients to the skillet. Cook and stir until jelly is melted and mixture is smooth, about 2 minutes. Bring to a boil. Return chicken to pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangy Almond Chicken in Quick Cooking May/June 2005, p9
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tangy Almond Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 17, 2014
"Will choose different flavor jelly next time."
Reviewed Jul. 11, 2011
"This is delicious. I served it over rice with corn on the cob."