- almost dry to the touch. Toss with remaining sugar.
- Using a pencil, draw four 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment
- paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, confectioners' sugar and
- flour until blended. Beat in the butter, almond extract and salt.
- Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake at 350° for 5-7
- minutes or until golden around the edges.
- With a spatula, carefully remove cookies and immediately drape over
- inverted shot glasses or small juice glasses. When cookies are cool,
- transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, forming 16
- In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone, honey and tangerine peel. Fold
- in whipped cream and tangerines.
- To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons tangerine cream into each cookie.
- Garnish with candied cranberries and reserved syrup. Yield: 16
To Make Ahead: Prepare the tuiles a few days before. Store in an airtight container. Candied cranberries can be made two weeks before serving. Store cranberries in a single layer covered lightly with waxed paper. Cover and refrigerate syrup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 337 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.