Tangerine Tuiles with Candied Cranberries Recipe
Delicate cookie cups create delightful serving bowls for the creamy tangerine mousse. The cranberry syrup makes a delectable garnish.—Jessie Sarrazin, Livingston, Montana
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- TANGERINE CREAM:
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Place cranberries in pan; sprinkle with 2 cups sugar. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Drain, reserving syrup for garnish.
- 2. Transfer berries to another parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 200° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until almost dry to the touch. Toss with remaining sugar.
- 3. Using a pencil, draw four 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, confectioners' sugar and flour until blended. Beat in the butter, almond extract and salt.
- 5. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- 6. With a spatula, carefully remove cookies and immediately drape over inverted shot glasses or small juice glasses. When cookies are cool, transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, forming 16 tuiles.
- 7. In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone, honey and tangerine peel. Fold in whipped cream and tangerines.
- 8. To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons tangerine cream into each cookie. Garnish with candied cranberries and reserved syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving equals 337 calories, 16 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 49 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC