- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh cranberries
- 2-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 egg whites
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- TANGERINE CREAM:
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with parchment paper. Place cranberries in pan; sprinkle with 2 cups sugar. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool. Drain, reserving syrup for garnish.
- Transfer berries to another parchment paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 200° for 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 hours or until almost dry to the touch. Toss with remaining sugar.
- Using a pencil, draw four 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg whites, confectioners' sugar and flour until blended. Beat in the butter, almond extract and salt.
- Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- With a spatula, carefully remove cookies and immediately drape over inverted shot glasses or small juice glasses. When cookies are cool, transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, forming 16 tuiles.
- In a small bowl, beat the mascarpone, honey and tangerine peel. Fold in whipped cream and tangerines.
- To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons tangerine cream into each cookie. Garnish with candied cranberries and reserved syrup. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Tangerine Tuiles with Candied Cranberries in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p112
Reviews for Tangerine Tuiles with Candied Cranberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review