- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 medium tangerines or navel orange
- 6 cups torn lettuce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, cook and stir the almonds and 2 tablespoons sugar over medium-low heat for 25-30 minutes or until the sugar is melted and the almonds are toasted. Remove from the heat. Peel and section the tangerines, reserving 1 tablespoon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onions, tangerines and almonds. In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, reserved juice and remaining sugar. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangerine Tossed Salad in Country December/January 2005, p49
Reviews for Tangerine Tossed Salad(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review