Here's a recipe that represents our state and region. We've lived in Florida since we retired in 1980. Before that, we lived in Alaska.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced peeled tangerine
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, butter and milk until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in tangerine and peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Tangerine Muffins in Country December/January 2000, p49
Reviews for Tangerine Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review