- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup diced peeled tangerine
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, butter and milk until smooth; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in tangerine and peel.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Tangerine Muffins(3)
Sort By :
Thank you for having your recipe search available. Our tangerine tree has many again this year. I tried the muffins last night. They were wonderful. It did take time to prepare the 1 cup of pieces but was worth it. I did not have yogurrt on hand, used sour creeam instead. I used my stoneware muffin pan greased with solid shortening.
These were delicious! I didn't have egg substitute, so I just used 1 whole egg. My family loved them!
We have a tangerine tree that always gives us WAY TOO MANY tangerines. We can never use/eat/finish/give away all of them. This will be a nice thing to make and give with some tangerines and the recipe next season. Can't wait!