- Remove turkey to a serving platter; cover and let stand 20 minutes
- before carving. Pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a
- measuring cup. Skim fat, reserving 1/3 cup. Add enough broth to
- remaining drippings to measure 4 cups.
- For gravy, chop reserved giblets. In a large saucepan, saute giblets
- in reserved fat until browned. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually stir in broth mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2
- minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 14 servings (4
- cups gravy).
Nutritional Facts: 8 ounces cooked turkey with 1/4 cup gravy equals 684 calories, 39 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 263 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 73 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer