- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons tangerine juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied orange peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 1/3 cup sugar. Stir in the juice, oil, tangerine peel and vanilla. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together twice; gradually add to yolk mixture and mix well.
- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat on medium speed just until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff but not dry. Fold a fourth of the whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites. Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add confectioners' sugar, tangerine peel and candied orange peel. Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a platter.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Just before serving, dust with confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Tangerine Cream Roulade in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p103
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tangerine Cream Roulade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review