- Add cream of tartar to egg whites; with clean beaters, beat on medium
- speed just until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar,
- 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff but not dry. Fold a
- fourth of the whites into batter, then fold in remaining whites.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes. Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with
- confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in
- the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool
- completely on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Add
- confectioners' sugar, tangerine peel and candied orange peel. Unroll
- cake; spread filling over cake to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up
- again. Place seam side down on a platter.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Just before serving, dust with
- confectioners' sugar. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.