Tangerine Cranberry Sorbet Recipe
This is a very easy recipe to prepare and keep in the freezer before a pantry. It's a light and refreshing finish to a heavy holiday meal. —Pamela Brown, Ingersoll, Ontario
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4 medium tangerines
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring cranberries and water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, using a sharp knife or zester, peel outer layer of one tangerine into strips for garnish. Toss the strips of peel with 2 tablespoons sugar; set aside. Squeeze tangerines to yield 1 cup of juice.
- 2. Place cranberries with liquid in a sieve over a large bowl. Press berries to remove juices. Discard pulp. Add the tangerine juice, corn syrup and remaining sugar to cranberry juice; stir until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9-in. square dish. Cover and freeze until firm, about 3 hours.
- 3. Remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Spoon into dessert bowls. Garnish with reserved tangerine peel. Yield: 8 servings.
1/2 cup: 201 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 0g protein .
Reviews for Tangerine Cranberry Sorbet
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC