- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 1/2 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons grated tangerine peel (about 2 tangerines)
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and coriander. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream and egg yolk just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips and tangerine peel.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead 10 times. Pat into a 9-1/2-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges; separate wedges and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with cream cheese spread. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tangerine Chip Tea Scones in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p174
Reviews for Tangerine Chip Tea Scones
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review