Tangerine Carrots Recipe
This side dish is so delicious. The carrots are complimented by the tangerine juice to such a sweet flavor.—Kristine Bodurtha, Endicott, New York
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tangerine or orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine or grated orange peel
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; blend well. Gradually stir in juice and peel. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 97 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 114mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fruit.
Reviews for Tangerine Carrots
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC