Tangerine Carrots Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup tangerine or orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated tangerine or grated orange peel
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and carrots in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt; blend well. Gradually stir in juice and peel. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return carrots to pan; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 97 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.