Tangerine & Roasted Beet Salad Recipe
Tangerines and beets are colorful companions in this refreshing salad. The lettuce leaves make ideal cups to hold the ingredients, and the citrus balsamic dressing adds to the crisp goodness.—Karen Bowlden, Boise, Idaho
- 2 pounds fresh beets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional grated tangerine peel
- 1. Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a foil-lined 8-in. square baking pan. Cover and bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature. Peel and slice; transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2. Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small saucepan combine vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in tangerine peel, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- 3. For serving, arrange the tangerines, onion and beets on lettuce leaves. Drizzle with dressing; garnish with additional tangerine peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tangerine & Roasted Beet Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC