- 2 pounds fresh beets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated tangerine peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tangerines, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves
- Additional grated tangerine peel
- Scrub beets and trim tops to 1 in. Place in a foil-lined 8-in. square baking pan. Cover and bake at 400° for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Cool to room temperature. Peel and slice; transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a small saucepan combine vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in tangerine peel, salt and pepper. Cool to room temperature.
- For serving, arrange the tangerines, onion and beets on lettuce leaves. Drizzle with dressing; garnish with additional tangerine peel. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tangerine & Roasted Beet Salad in Country Woman February/March 2013
Reviews for Tangerine & Roasted Beet Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review