We all need a quick, healthy meal that's delicious, too. I marinate the chicken before I leave for work, and when I get home, I do the grilling and make the relish. My husband loves the spicy flavor. If more heat is desired, sprinkle on more red pepper flakes. —Naylet LaRochelle, Miami, Florida
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, garam masala, salt and pepper flakes until blended. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate up to 6 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- For relish, in a small bowl, mix cantaloupe, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, mint and remaining lemon juice.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade in bag. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165°. Serve with relish and reserved marinade. If desired, sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tandoori-Style Chicken with Cucumber Melon Relish in Light Recipes 2015, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tandoori-Style Chicken with Cucumber Melon Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review