I spent time in India and love reminders of this vibrant culture, so this tandoori chicken makes me happy. Served with warmed naan bread and a cool tomato and cucumber salad, it's a whole meal. —Claire Elston, Spokane, Washington
Featured In: 95 Tasty Low-Carb Dinner Ideas
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- In a small bowl, mix the first eight ingredients until blended. Add chicken to marinade; turn to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Place chicken on greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tandoori Chicken Thighs in Simple & Delicious June/July 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tandoori Chicken Thighs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 21, 2015
"I used breasts, but still thought this was pretty good."