Tamale Pie for Two Recipe
This fun, Southwest-style main dish features an easy tortilla crust and a hearty filling. “The amount of seasoning is just right for us,” notes Ruth Aden of Polson, Montana. “Make it once with my amounts, then spice it up if needed.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC