Tamale Pie for Two Recipe
This fun, Southwest-style main dish features an easy tortilla crust and a hearty filling. “The amount of seasoning is just right for us,” notes Ruth Aden of Polson, Montana. “Make it once with my amounts, then spice it up if needed.”
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (prepared with reduced-fat cheese) equals 365 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 947 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC