This fun, Southwest-style main dish features an easy tortilla crust and a hearty filling. “The amount of seasoning is just right for us,” notes Ruth Aden of Polson, Montana. “Make it once with my amounts, then spice it up if needed.”
- 1/3 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tamale Pie in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p24
Reviews for Tamale Pie for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review