Tamale Pie for Two Recipe
- 1/3 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches)
- 2/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic powder, chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Place one tortilla in a 3-cup round baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the meat mixture and cheese; repeat layers. Sprinkle with olives. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Tamale Pie for Two
Sort By :
"@esmith-if you search for tamale pie she has the same recipe in the larger size :)"
"This was good! Although, since it makes a small amount I had to change some things. I realize this is a "cooking for 2" recipe but it sounded delicious so I adapted it for us and made them Individual Tamale Pies. I used 2 pounds of beef, one whole onion, about 1 tsp of the garlic and chili powder, 6 tortillas, 3 cups cheese and a whole can of olives. I followed the recipe and then divided the ingredients between 3 seperate 4 cup baking dishes. Turned out great and a perfect amount for us!"