- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Taco sauce, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook beef, celery, green pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, cornmeal, corn, olives, eggs, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Pour into a well-greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Serve with taco sauce if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Tamale Loaf in Country Extra November 1995, p51
Reviews for Tamale Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review