This is an easy after-work dish that's so tasty. It starts with tamales from a jar.—Regina Albright, Southaven, Mississippi
- 1 jar (13-1/2 ounces) tamales
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups corn chips, coarsely crushed, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 ounces sliced cheddar cheese
- Cut tamales into 3/4-in. slices. Place in a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with half of the chili and onion. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup corn chips and shredded cheese. Top with remaining chili and onion.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with the remaining corn chips. Arrange cheese slices over top. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until chips are crisp and cheese is melted. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Originally published as Tamale Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p307
Reviews for Tamale Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2012
"This was good with XLNT fresh tamales and homemade leftover chili."
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2010
"This is a quick and easy recipe with a great flavor. The only thing I added was a dollop of sour cream on my serving."