Tall Pines Farm Sausage Recipe
Tall Pines is the name of our farm, and my husband, Chuck, and I love it here. I think fresh breakfast sausage tastes much better than the frozen variety, so I developed this recipe. It's great with scrambled eggs.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons ground savory
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2-1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Add pork; mix with hands to blend well. Cover and chill 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Shape into 12 3-1/2-in. patties. Cook patties in a skillet over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes, turning once. Drain. Yield: 12 patties.
1 serving (1 each) equals 210 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC