Take-Along Raisin Squares
Loaded with raisins, dates, chocolate chips and almonds, these moist bars are perfect when you're dashing off in the morning. Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi suggests taking the treats along on hikes, too.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons All-Bran, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add oats and flour. Stir in
- the raisins, almonds, dates and chocolate chips (batter will be
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bran if
- desired. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire
- rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 square) equals 353 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium,