Take-Along Raisin Squares Recipe
Loaded with raisins, dates, chocolate chips and almonds, these moist bars are perfect when you're dashing off in the morning. Shirley Glaab of Hattiesburg, Mississippi suggests taking the treats along on hikes, too.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons All-Bran, optional
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Gradually add oats and flour. Stir in the raisins, almonds, dates and chocolate chips (batter will be thick).
- Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with bran if desired. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Take-Along Raisin Squares in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p14
Reviews for Take-Along Raisin Squares(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review