While vacationing at Lake Tahoe, I needed something to fix for a large group but didn't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. A neighbor told me to try this recipe. It was a hit.—Mrs. Don Love, Cameron Park, California
8 ServingsPrep: 40 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn
- 1 can (6 ounces) ripe olives, drained and chopped, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 package (7 ounces) corn tortillas
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion, salt and pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add tomato sauce, corn,
- tomatoes, half of the olives and the chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. In a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the meat mixture, cheese and
- tortillas. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with remaining olives. cover and
- bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer
- or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 510 calories, 30 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 1,067 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 35 g protein.