- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows; cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugars, flour, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- Fold whipped topping into the chilled dressing. Add the apples and peanuts to the pineapple and marshmallows. Fold dressing into fruit mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Taffy Apple Salad
"I made this salad and loved it. I will be making it for Thanksgiving. Thanks to the person who shared it."
"Unfortunately this salad was a huge disappointment. I won't be making it again and I'm not even sure if I want to serve it. The ingredients just don't go well together and the smell of the cider vinegar coming from it is completely overwhelming."
"I love that this salad is different. The nuts added an unexpected crunch."
"This was so easy to make, it was a big hit with the kids, they were so amazed it tasted just like a taffy apple."
"Wonderful and just different enough to surprise your guests. A family favorite at our house."
"Make 1/2 for home serving"