- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups diced unpeeled apples
- 1-1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a large bowl, combine pineapple and marshmallows; cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- In a saucepan, combine the egg, sugars, flour, vinegar and reserved pineapple juice; cook and stir until mixture thickens and reaches 160°. Remove from the heat; cool. Cover and refrigerate.
- Fold whipped topping into the chilled dressing. Add the apples and peanuts to the pineapple and marshmallows. Fold dressing into fruit mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Taffy Apple Salad
Sort By :
I made this salad and loved it. I will be making it for Thanksgiving. Thanks to the person who shared it.
Unfortunately this salad was a huge disappointment. I won't be making it again and I'm not even sure if I want to serve it. The ingredients just don't go well together and the smell of the cider vinegar coming from it is completely overwhelming.
I love that this salad is different. The nuts added an unexpected crunch.
This was so easy to make, it was a big hit with the kids, they were so amazed it tasted just like a taffy apple.
Wonderful and just different enough to surprise your guests. A family favorite at our house.