- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 21 caramels
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips, chopped
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large skillet, combine 1/4 cup brown sugar and butter. Cook over medium-high heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally. Add apples. Cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally; drain and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine caramels and cream; cook over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from the heat; keep warm. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining brown sugar, vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon pie spice until smooth. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined.
- Stir half of caramel mixture into apples. Pour into pastry shell. Combine pecans and chocolate chips; set aside 2 tablespoons for topping. Sprinkle remaining pecan mixture over apples. Fold remaining caramel mixture into cream cheese mixture. Spread over pecan mixture.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Remove foil; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Combine whipped topping and remaining pumpkin pie spice; spread over pie just before serving. Sprinkle with reserved pecan mixture. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Taffy Apple Cheesecake Pie
Sort By :
When my boys were younger, their scout troupe ha a pie/cake auction to help support their trip to summer camp. I chose this pie and an oreo cookie layer cake, one year. I bought a plastic pie holder and cake holder at the bakery and put my pie and cake in them. My boys made me put a 3x5 card with the recipe on the lid--they said people would think we bought them, because they looked so good. They made a total of several hundred dollars when they auctioned my items and my boys were very proud!!
Gommy of 5
Made this pie for my family, they loved it!! I add chopped peanuts instead of pecans, its called Taffy Apple and what is on taffy apples, chopped peanuts. Yummy
The pie looked beautiful and was kind of fun to make but I didn't care for the caramel, pumpkin spice and chocolate flavors together. If I made it again, which I probably won't, I would leave out the pumpkin spice and chocolate chips.
This was a bit fiddley to make, I dirtied a lot of pots and bowls... that being said - Totally worth it!! Amazing flavour and texture. I omited the chocolate chips as I can't imagine chocolate in an apple pie... but that's just me. I brought it to work and everyone loved it. I didn't have a deep dish pie pan so I used a 12 inch large pie pan. I would make this again for a special occasion. Very tasty!
This is a great recipe for those looking for something other than traditional apple pie for desert. My niece and I made this pie for Thanksgiving this year along with five other different pies that we had tried out new recipes for. The only changes that we had made were to omit the nuts because she is allergic. This was the most requested pie of the evening and my niece went home with a copy of the recipe. I was asked to make this pie again for Christmas, I am looking forward to trying it with the pecansâ€¦
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cheesecake Pie >
- Cheesecake Recipes >
- Cheesecakes >
- Chocolate Cheesecake Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Cheesecakes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >