Tacos on a Stick
"Teens like assembling these creative kabobs almost as much as they like devouring them," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. The whole family is sure to love the sensational Southwestern flavor of this twist on beef shish kabobs.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the taco seasoning, tomato
- juice and oil; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; refrigerate.
- Add beef to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least
- 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden
- skewers, alternately thread beef, peppers, onion and tomatoes.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste
- with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10
- minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (prepared with low-sodium tomato juice and 2 tablespoons oil) equals 291 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 647 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber,