"Teens like assembling these creative kabobs almost as much as they like devouring them," says Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. The whole family is sure to love the sensational Southwestern flavor of this twist on beef shish kabobs.
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Homemade State Fair Food
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the taco seasoning, tomato juice and oil; mix well. Remove 1/2 cup for basting; refrigerate. Add beef to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef, peppers, onion and tomatoes. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side. Baste with reserved marinade. Continue turning and basting for 8-10 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tacos on a Stick in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p33
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Tacos on a Stick
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review