Tacos in a Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 2. Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium taco seasoning and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 435 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Tacos in a Bowl
"This was a quick and easy weeknight meal. I doubled the recipe for my family and used a whole can of tomatoes and a can of beef broth instead of the water for a bit more flavor. I also seasoned the ground beef with pepper and salt while browning."
"Wow! 922 mg of Sodium."
"I've been making this for several years & it's a favorite for my husband & I. It's so easy & tasty! To add a little kick, I use diced tomatoes with chilies & use some of the drained liquid instead of water. My husband likes it better spicy. I like it a bit more mild!"
"Great flavor combination"
"This is so quick & easy and taste great. Good one to make with kids and also easy for single guys who are not that into cooking."
"very good! this tastes similar to a taco stuffed shells recipe with a lot less work! Very quick and easy."
"This recipe is soooo easy to make. My husband and I love it and enjoy it at least a couple times a month."