Tacos in a Bowl Recipe
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- 2. Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup (prepared with reduced-sodium taco seasoning and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without tortilla chips) equals 435 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 922 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.