“This easy skillet dish offers a tasty use for leftover taco meat,” Sue Schoening notes from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Garnish it with sour cream and salsa for added Southwestern flavor.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) ramen noodles
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup crushed tortilla chips, optional
- In a small skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Add ramen noodles (discard seasoning packet or save for another use). Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Spoon into serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese and tortilla chips if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tacos in a Bowl in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p27
Reviews for Tacos in a Bowl
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review