Tacos Deluxe Recipe
I first tried this recipe in my junior high school home economics class some 20 years ago. As an adult, I wrote home for the recipe and have enjoyed it ever since!—Katie Dreibelbis, Santa Clara, California
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 to 8 taco shells
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- SWEET-AND-SOUR DRESSING:
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the next 12 ingredients to meat mixture. Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is almost completely reduced, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly; stir in cheese.
- 2. Place taco shells open end up in a baking pan; place a scoop of meat mixture into each shell. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes until meat is hot and cheese is melted.
- 3. Sprinkle lettuce and tomatoes over tacos. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients; drizzle over tacos. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC