- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
- Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tacoritos
Sort By :
"Made this with flour tortillas.Delicious."
"Made this for dinner tonight with the following changes. Used 2lbs of ground beef and added Enchilada seasoning mix to the sauce and the meat. I also made my "refried beans" in the crock pot. I thought this was very good and will definitely make again. I also liked that the beans were "hidden" as my kids generally won't eat them."
"I made this 7/19 and used low carb flour tortillas. As a Tex-Mex fan I must say it was really very good. You have to reduce the sauce as recommended. It will thicken and gain flavor in the oven. I did use a Mex cheese blend instead of just Jack. I thought at first it was not going to work but the end product was wonderful..Yum Yum. I have to really wonder about those who gave this dish a poor rating."
"Great, hearty meal--I just added chips and homemade salsa to our plates and had a very satisfied, hungry, hard-working hubby! Easy and delicious!"
"My family really enjoys this recipe! It gets asked for quite often! I add a few more spices to the sauce (to taste) and keep stewed frozen chicken instead of beef. In the summer I add veggies to the meat! MMmmmm!!!"