- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup refried beans
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
- 3. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 tacorito (calculated without optional toppings) equals 627 calories, 40 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 1,131 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.