Tacoritos for Two Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup refried beans
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, sliced ripe olives and sour cream
- 1. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add water. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in chili powder and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef, sausage and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in refried beans; heat through.
- 3. Spread 1/4 cup sauce in a greased 8-in. baking dish. Spread 1 tablespoon sauce over each tortilla; place 2/3 cup meat mixture down the center of each. Top each with 1/4 cup cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in prepared dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with optional toppings if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 630 calories, 40g fat (19g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 1141mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for Tacoritos for Two
"We love this recipe. I would double so we could have leftovers. And I don't but as much sauce in the pan."
"I love this hybred recipe! It's a great combination and I just wish I'd thought of it. It does remind me more of a cross between a Burrito and an Enchilada, but, as the famous Chef said, it doesn't hurt my feelings if you want to call it by another name. :) I would double this for the two of us, though. Or maybe make it a Super by adding some Mexican/Spanish rice in with the meat and beans."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.