One morning, I was searching the kitchen for a way to jazz up scrambled eggs. When I couldn't find any bacon bits, I decided to try the leftover taco filling from the night before. I've been making it for my husband and me since.
This is an ideal dish for two, especially if you like spicy food. Plus, it's easy to make when you wake up sleepyand the sauce is a real eye-opener!
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked taco-seasoned ground beef
- Flour tortillas, warmed, optional
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, onion, green pepper and
- hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir in a nonstick skillet until eggs
- begin to set. Add taco meat; cook until eggs are completely set.
- If desired, spoon onto a warmed tortilla and roll up; top with salsa.
- Yield: 4 servings.