Tacoed Eggs Recipe
One morning, I was searching the kitchen for a way to jazz up scrambled eggs. When I couldn't find any bacon bits, I decided to try the leftover taco filling from the night before. I've been making it for my husband and me since. This is an ideal dish for two, especially if you like spicy food. Plus, it's easy to make when you wake up sleepyand the sauce is a real eye-opener! We live on 35 acres of rolling farmland along with a horse, two dogs and 10 cats, I enjoy them reading, writing, gardening and counted cross-stitch.
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 1 to 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup leftover cooked taco-seasoned ground beef
- Flour tortillas, warmed, optional
- Salsa, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, cheese, onion, green pepper and hot pepper sauce. Cook and stir in a nonstick skillet until eggs begin to set. Add taco meat; cook until eggs are completely set.
- If desired, spoon onto a warmed tortilla and roll up; top with salsa. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tacoed Eggs in Country Woman September/October 1993, p33
Reviews for Tacoed Eggs(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 7, 2009
I made these for breakfast the other day, and they are scrumptious! I will definitely make them again soon!