Taco Twists Recipe
Why serve tacos only in ordinary flour or corn tortillas? For a mouthwatering change of pace, bake the taco beef in flaky, golden crescent rolls. My family enjoys these for a warm lunch or light dinner.—Carla Kreider, Quarryville, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cheese, salsa, chilies, garlic powder, hot pepper sauce, salt and cumin.
- 2. Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into 12 rectangles. Place on ungreased baking sheets; press perforations to seal. Place 1/2 cup meat mixture in the center of each rectangle. Bring four corners to the center and twist; pinch to seal.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, freeze baked Taco Twists for up to 3 months in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag.
- 4. To use frozen Taco Twists: Bake frozen twists on an ungreased baking sheet at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 214 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Taco Twists
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC