Taco Twist Bake Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cooked Taco-Seasoned Meat
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the taco meat, tomato sauce and green pepper; bring to a boil. Meanwhile, combine pasta and sour cream; place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of cheese. Top with meat mixture.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Taco Twist Bake
"Very easy & delicious. I did not boil the meat. Browned the meat, peppers, & onion; drained well. Stirred in the seasoning mix & tomato sauce. Simmered 10 min. Combined the meat mixture & pasta mixture together."
"Very quick easy weeknight dish. A hit with my grandchildren. Everyone declared it a keeper!"
"Wonderful recipe and easy to adjust to individual tastes as the one reviewer said:) Love the recipe and it is a staple recipe at my home!"
"easy recipe to adjust to all family members' tastes"
"oh my was this yummy! Makes great left overs to"
"Very easy to make & very tasty!"
"This was easy cause I already had the frozen taco meat on hand and I made another casserole to freeze. The kids loved it!"
"FYI you have your pictures mixed up with the Taco Cornbread Squares. I plan to make both recipes."
"The meat is already seasoned. The meat, tomato sauce and pepper are brought to a boil before pouring over the noodle mixture."
"I read it and it doesn't make sense. Boil the meat?"
"Too bad the picture is of the Taco Corn bread squares which I will make."
"We tried this w/o the sour cream. Tasted great. We added Julios hot sauce (local Texas brand) to give it a punched up flavor."