- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve on buns with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Turkey Burgers
"another hit at home! Low fat and healthy, I used fat free sour cream."
"Added chopped tomatoes, jalapenos, adobo seasoning. Meat needs quite a bit of seasoning to taste good. Can also use crushed corn chips instead of bread crumbs."