“We love the flavors of Tex-Mex foods, so I combined them with the traditional hamburger. These uniquely different burgers are a healthy change of pace on the grill.” Jennifer Feindt - Milford, DE
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties.
- In a large skillet, cook burgers in oil over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Serve on buns with salsa and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Taco Turkey Burgers in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p61
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Taco Turkey Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review