THIS quick-and-easy recipe fits in well with a busy schedule.
Along with a garden salad, it makes a nice light meal for two, but when we want something more filling, I'll serve this potato with a small broiled steak.
-Linda Brausen, Janesville, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave,
- uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; set
- Crumble meat into a shallow microwave-safe bowl; add onion. Cover
- and microwave on high for 1-1/2-2 minutes or until meat is no longer
- pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut potato in half lengthwise; fluff pulp with fork. Top each half
- with meat mixture, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: To prepare in a conventional oven, bake potato at 400° for 40 minutes or until tender. Cook beef and onion in a skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce. Assemble as directed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 294 calories,