Taco-Topped Potato Recipe
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- 1. Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; set aside.
- 2. Crumble meat into a shallow microwave-safe bowl; add onion. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
- 3. Cut potato in half lengthwise; fluff pulp with fork. Top each half with meat mixture, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Editor's Note: To prepare in a conventional oven, bake potato at 400° for 40 minutes or until tender. Cook beef and onion in a skillet until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce. Assemble as directed.
1/2 each: 294 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 17g protein.