THIS quick-and-easy recipe fits in well with a busy schedule. Along with a garden salad, it makes a nice light meal for two, but when we want something more filling, I'll serve this potato with a small broiled steak. -Linda Brausen, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 1 large baking potato
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Scrub and pierce potato; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes on each side or until tender; set aside.
- Crumble meat into a shallow microwave-safe bowl; add onion. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2-2 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring once; drain. Stir in salsa and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cut potato in half lengthwise; fluff pulp with fork. Top each half with meat mixture, cheese and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Taco-Topped Potato in Reminisce July/August 1999, p49
Reviews for Taco-Topped Potato
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"Delicious! Anything to do with potatoes, you can't go wrong. That's the Irish speaking!!!"
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2010
"This is a quick dinner and filling. I increased the ingredients to cover the potato, and my husband enjoyed it."