"This four-ingredient combination is a great change of pace from typical snack mixes," writes Sharon Mensing of Greenfield, Iowa. And it's a good thing the crispy treat is so simple to throw together. After one handful, your family will empty the bowl in no time.
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 cups Corn Chex
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place butter in an 11-in. x 7-in. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 45-60 seconds or until melted. Add taco
- seasoning. Stir in the cereal until evenly coated. Microwave on high
- for 45 seconds; stir. Heat 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer; stir. Sprinkle
- with Parmesan cheese; microwave for 45 seconds. Stir; heat 1 minute
- longer. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 456 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.